Dear Makerspace members and friends,
If you aren't already signed up to help the Lawrence Creates Makerspace become financially self-sufficient, please donate four hours of your time on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday of next week to help make that happen.
Our busiest day will be Friday, May 16 with Thursday May 15 next. On Friday we will work until midnight, when the last student has to be out of the dorm, so please volunteer for the busiest day and time you can.
Here's what will happen - as you'll see, the workload won't be too bad, but the impact will be GREAT!
- We are partnering with KU Surplus and KU Housing.
- The students will bring their unwanted items to us at locations near 'moveout' dumpsters behind the residence halls.
- We will have a marked drop off area, with signage, and will park our trucks or cars there.
- We have KU parking passes.
- Roaming trucks will take items from the dropoff areas near the residence halls to a 'mother ship' semitrailer about a mile from Daisy Hill.
- We'll take items from GSP/Corbin directly to our East Lawrence warehouse space.
- Thanks to a generous member, we won't have to store things in the Makerspace, so can still enjoy it for creative purposes.
- We will have someone at the mother ship to help offload things.
- Bill Wachspress and I will coordinate in person and via cell phone.
- We will sell the donated items through several channels, including one or more large sales, and use the money to fund student scholarships for membership in the Lawrence Creates Makerspace.
Please volunteer for:
9-1 or 1-5 on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
5 - to 9 pm or 9-midnight on Friday
Whatever other hours suit your schedule
Or loan us a truck or trailer, or donate money for a rental.
If you can help, but haven't been contacted to pick a time slot, please email, call, or text me